Most women know that pregnancy exercises are very beneficial for mother and baby. Doctors also with increasing boldness recommend them to their patients. The bigger problem is with “getting back into shape” after pregnancy …
Doctors, unfortunately, do not inform about the need to move and strengthen the body after delivery. Modern research is not common in the homes of Poles. We rely on outdated knowledge of mothers and grandmothers, and we find a lot of conflicting information on the Internet. waist trainer UK
Where to start? Here are some tips:
– after delivery, before getting up from bed, do exercises to improve circulation *
– in the hospital, if you have the opportunity, ask for a consultation with a postpartum physiotherapist. If not, see a specialist right after you leave the hospital. From him you will learn how to work with pelvic floor muscles, how to sneeze and cough after emperor or episiotomy, how to care for a scar. The basic element of getting back into shape is checking your rectus abdominis!
– after 7 days you can start going for walks with your baby. Remember to eat a healthy diet and drink water. If you are breastfeeding, even 3l a day! Breastfeeding is an additional energy expenditure, because during this activity you will burn about 600 kcal each day! J
– for the first 4-6 weeks (or individually, depending on how you feel), perform exercises strengthening the pelvic floor, mobilizing the pelvic girdle and isometric tension of the abdominal muscles (e.g. lying on the back, knees 90 degrees, put your hands on your knees, rub straight knees and knees). These exercises will take you 15-20 minutes and should be done daily.
– after 4-6 weeks or more, if you feel strong enough in addition to daily pelvic floor exercises, he added stabilizing exercises (e.g. extension of the leg and the opposite arm in a supported knee, lifting the hip sideways) and do everything up to 10-12 weeks after delivery. The whole will take you about 20-30 minutes, waist trainer UK
– after this period, consult a postpartum physiotherapist again. If there are no contraindications, you can start attending fitness classes
– start with calmer forms. As your fitness improves, you can choose increasingly difficult classes
WARNING! Exercise has no negative effect on lactation! Before exercise, feed the baby so that the breasts are less swollen and ensure that the breasts are properly held.
Thanks to regular exercises:
– you will avoid back pain
– the rectus abdominis will come together faster and your figure will look better
– you will stimulate lactation
– you will put on jeans before pregnancy szybciej faster
– the most important: you will stimulate the production of endorphins, and a happy mother is a happy child
You can find more inspiration with examples of trainings with a pram and exercises with a baby HERE
If you want to learn more, our trainers will be happy to help you! 🙂
* exercises that improve circulation can be obtained from our instructor in Active 9 months classes. Ask her about body stabilization exercises.